Louisiana Server Permits - View Class FAQs

Class FAQs

Server Permits

 Within the first 45 days after being hired to sell or serve alcohol or tobacco, the server (employee) must acquire a Louisiana state issued Server Permit (bar card). Permits are received after attending a training course delivered by an Approved Provider and upon successful completion of required testing. All Server Permits / Bar Cards are valid for four (4) years in the state of Louisiana unless violations by the server cause temporary suspension of said permit. Server Permits / Bar Cards work together with a valid picture ID, and both must be on the premises while performing their professional duties. You also may need a Parishes and/or city Permit.

    Back to FAQs List